Last Summer our family completely changed the way we eat. We did it for the good of everyone in the family, but especially because I hit my limit of being overweight. I was so tired of feeling uncomfortable in my clothes, feeling uncomfortable being in pictures with my kids, being upset by pictures of myself, tired of feeling tired, and tired of not enjoying certain aspects of my life merely because of my own body and weight hang-ups.
If you wanted to put a label on our "diet" it would be closest to what is known as "Paleo" or "Primal." It's a grain-free diet focused on meat and produce.
- A very supportive husband/family. I couldn't have done it without his willingness to help at every step of the way and his being my biggest cheerleader.
- Real, permanent changes to my diet. It really is a lifestyle change.
- NOT feeling deprived by finding great and healthy replacements for all my old comfort foods.
- Finding out how delicious and satisfying real healthy food can be and learning how good I can feel while eating this way.
Now that I've lost 80 pounds I feel...
- Like a new woman.
- I don't hate pictures of myself.
- I am proud of my accomplishments.
- I feel healthy and strong.
I have gone from a size 20/22 to a size 10. I have gone from size XXL/1X down to size M/L.
Do I still have body insecurity issues? OF COURSE! I think it is a lifelong struggle to overcome those. But I do have much more confidence now. I feel much more comfortable in my own skin. I don't intend to be "done" by any means and I had hoped that this post would be a "100 pounds lost!" post, however - it is coming off so extremely slowly now that it could be another year before I'm able to say that I've lost 100 pounds. However, I am GREATLY looking forward to that and have every expectation that I will eventually meet that goal!
Now for the best part....